AGIS Forums

Go Back   AGIS Forums > AGIS > Caregiving emotions and stress

Old 03-28-2008, 04:09 PM

Default Communication, Organization & Documentation

When my Mom had a heart attack, she was flown to a near by hospital and went straight into surgery while under full heart failure. Her heart attack happened at 9:00 at night, she went into surgery at 2:00am and our family found out about 7:00 am, which means Mom went into surgery with not one of her 3 children by her side, which made me (us) feel like @#$%^, just knowing that my Mom who had always been there for us kids when anything happened and we did not know when she was about to go into a major heart surgery.
After surgery the Doctors questioned us about what medication she was on, who her Doctors were, and we had NO idea, we went to her home and looked for medicine bottles and searched for Doctors names, the next day we had the information they needed to complete their evaluation and effectively plan the post surgery treatment.
Mom made a great recovery and is doing fine, but the fact remains we did not know the information and neither did the Doctors when they needed it, and the delay in finding out the exact status of my Mom really made me think. And Think I did.
How can this information - medication, family contacts and health history, doctors names and phone numbers be made available so the healthcare professionals can have instant access a complete medical profile of any patient.
My cousin, who is a Registered Nurse for 22+ years and I started a company called ER-IDcard.
This company now provides a complete medical profile for all its members including my Mom, Dad and whole family. We have solved the communication, documentation and organizational issues that could come up in communicating this information to the Healthcare Professionals.
If youre a caregiver or have older parents, maybe you live in another town than your parent and just would like to know the exact nature of their health, this is a perfact program for you, it works for us and I know it can work for you two. Go to www.er-idcard.com and let me know what you think, I would value your input.
P.S. My Mom and I are on the About ER-IDcard page
Old 06-03-2011, 04:49 AM

You've got a very great mom, and she's really that strong,

I adore you mom's courage